Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Stranded

I guess I always knew something like this would happen someday. (I've heard so many horror stories over the years about people getting stranded overnight at airports and have been grateful that - till now - nothing like this had ever happened to me before.)

Flying home from CA, I was supposed to change planes at Dulles for the short flight to Knoxville. When we landed at Dulles, my phone's email gave me my gate number, which also appeared on the monitor. In the few minutes it took to get to the gate, the flight was cancelled, due to weather!

So I stood on line for what seemed like forever and finally got put on a noontime flight tomorrow. So here I am - stuck overnight, by myself, in the unfriendly environment of this huge airport.

Maybe "unfriendly" is too strong a word. A nice airport employee just offered me a pillow and a blanket. Not quite a bed and bathroom, but at least something!

At least there's internet, and I have a book to read if I'm in the mood!

No comments:

Post a Comment